Infrared therapy is low temperature therapy.
The scientific principles that are used to calculate infrared emissions from a surface or body show that lower temperatures produce higher quality far infrared heat. A far infrared heater having a surface temperature of approximately 180-200° F, like our Clearlight True Wave™ Heaters, will produce much higher quality far infrared heat than a heater running at 450 degrees or, as some heaters do, 700 degrees. Add in the additional benefit of 1,000 watts of full spectrum infrared in our Clearlight Sanctuary Saunas™ and receive the ultimate in infrared therapy.
Warm up your sauna for about 10-15 minutes then get in. Once you are in your sauna turn the temperature all the way up. The temperature will climb during your 30-45 minute session. Because infrared therapy is low temperature therapy you will able to stay in longer, sweat more and receive more benefit.
The larger size of our True Wave™ Far Infrared heaters mean more surface area, resulting in lower surface temperature. The result of this low temperature is that our heaters produce more FAR or LONG wave infrared heat which is more therapeutic for your body. This means better performance within the optimal wavelength range of 6 to 12 microns with a large portion of wavelengths at 9.4 microns. The human body absorbs more infrared at 9.4 microns.
With the high far infrared output (emissivity) of our heaters, you not only get the highest quality infrared heat, but you get a lot of it, and right where you want it – your body core. We position our heaters so that they surround your body concentrating the heat on your body core.
The key to infrared therapy is heating your body directly so you want heat on the front of your body and on the back of your body. Every Clearlight Sauna® model has heaters on the front wall, back wall, side walls, underneath the bench, next to your calves and in the floor. Surround Yourself In Wellness™ with Clearlight® infrared saunas.
Why is the placement of the heaters important ?
One of the keys to infrared therapy is warming your body core. This is achieved by concentrating the infrared heat on the front and back of your body. The heaters in your sauna are placed strategically to warm your body core and raise your core body temperature.
Our back wall heaters run the full length of your back. Our front heaters are located so they direct the infrared heat at your front core. They are very effective at heating your body core and helping your body detox.
Why is a Clearlight® Sauna so effective?
When you are sitting in a traditional sauna, you are sitting in a hot room; 180-220 degrees. In your Clearlight Premier or Clearlight Sanctuary Infrared Sauna™, about 20% of the heat is heating the air and the other 80% directly heats your body. The warming effect on your body stimulates your cardiovascular system, your immune system and your lymphatic system. Your bodies response to that is to sweat.
Warm your sauna up for 10-15 minutes then get in. As the infrared heat warms your body directly, you will start to sweat and you will sweat profusely. You will find you may actually sweat more in an infrared sauna than in a traditional rock sauna. Studies show that sweat from a traditional sauna contains about 3-5% toxins where sweat from your infrared sauna contains about 17-20% toxins. The detoxifying and deep penetrating heat from a Clearlight® sauna makes them very, very effective